Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Am I in love with zombies?

For the life of me, I cannot  understand why I am having dreams about zombies! Over the past year I've been having zombie dreams on and off. I've looked online seeking some magical answer that would make me clearly understand. At first, I thought it was because I was watching The Walking Dead. Now, I think the show helped my subconscious by giving what I was feeling a face, a symbol.

What does it mean to be a zombie?
It means to be devoid of life, of the light that resides in each of us. To be empty and dead inside and desperately trying to consume life to replace what you have lost.

Is my subconscious telling me that I feel dead inside? The first zombie dream I had was what seemed like the classic zombie story. Girl alone running away from zombies. Girl runs into house and traps herself. Zombies enter house slowly and close in on girl. Girl panics and continues her way upstairs. Finally zombies reach her. And then I woke up. I woke up scared and breathing heavily.

Since then, I've had about 4 more. At this point I'm not afraid when I wake. It's the one I had last night that scared me in a different way. I was being chased by zombies, like I always am in my dreams, but this time I had a savior. The thing is, is that my hero in this dream could never and would never be my hero in real life.

With that said, it seems to me that my subconscious is telling me that I will never be rescued, by myself or another, from this dead feeling I never knew I had.

Or maybe I shouldn't have sweets right before bed. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment